Sharing quotes on social media platforms like Facebook is a wonderful way to show your support and condolences to someone who is grieving.
If you're not sure what to say, a well-chosen quote can often express your sentiments perfectly.
Below are some of the best sympathy quotes that you can share with your loved ones to show your support during their difficult times.
These quotes are carefully curated and can be shared on any social media platform or messaging app.
- "When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know." - Unknown
- "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery." - Dante
- "When you're riding, only the race in which you're riding is important." - Bill Shoemaker
- "Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity." - Terri Guillemets
- "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." - Richard Bach
- "Seashells remind us that every passing life leaves something beautiful behind." - Unknown
- "Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - Thomas Aquinas
- "The world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming." - Helen Keller
- "Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow." - Robert Louis Stevenson
- "There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." - Gandhi
- "Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same." - Unknown
- "The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others." - Albert Schweitzer
- "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." - Unknown
- "The light has gone out of my life." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "Flowers grow out of dark moments." - Corita Kent
When someone you know is grieving, finding the right words to express your condolences can be difficult.
A thoughtful message and a beautiful sympathy quote can go a long way in offering comfort and support.
During times of grief, it's important to remain positive and offer your respect and sympathy.
Sharing a heartfelt quote can help convey your emotions and show your support for those who are mourning.
- "Grief is the price we pay for love." - Queen Elizabeth II
- "It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew." - Henry Rollins
- "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions." - William Shakespeare
- "Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind." - Marcel Proust
- "A sorrow's crown of sorrow is remembering happier times." - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it." - Victor Hugo
- "The more sympathy you give, the less you need." - Malcolm Forbes
- "A human life is a story told by God." - Hans Christian Andersen
- "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." - Kenji Miyazawa
- "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure." - Unknown
- "There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world." - Unknown
- "It is not the length of life, but the depth of life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Tears are God's gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow." - Rita Schiano
- "For some moments in life there are no words." - David Seltzer
- "The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
When someone you know is grieving, sending a sympathy card with a thoughtful message can offer comfort and support.
It's important to express your love and care for the person who will read it.
If you prefer shorter sympathy messages, take a look at our collection of proven and comforting short condolence messages.
Remember, when someone you love becomes a memory, they live on in your heart forever.
You can honor their memory by lighting a candle or doing something special in their name.
A perfect sympathy quote should be easy to read and not too long.
It can offer a unique perspective and help convey your emotions during this difficult time.
When offering condolences, it's important to keep things simple and be sensitive to the person's feelings.
Your kind words and support can make all the difference.